Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's been more than three weeks

I regret that I haven't posted anything in the last month.

It's not because I have nothing to say. It's because I've allowed myself to get caught up in the flurry of events that is January.

I'm trying to avoid using that b word, busy. It's easy to complain of business. Busy-ness is a norm in my work and in my household. It seems as if one is either busy or bored; there is an equilibrium to the pace of life but it's not an ideal one where one has exactly 24 hours of stuff to do in exactly 24 hours of day. And, if I had my choice, I'd rather be too busy (too engaged) than too bored.

A year ago, I allowed January to be too busy. I'm so far proud of what I've done differently this January: I'm more dedicated to events at my church than I was last year, I'm trying to have more fun with my kids, I'm trying to laugh more with my wife. I'm really focusing on how to laugh about the silliest and craziest moments of busy-ness at work, and January has represented a remarkable time of stress and confusion at my workplace for the past several years.

But I haven't been successful carving out time to talk here, which I need to chance.

I find that when I speak out here and give voice to my frustrations here, I simply give voice to them somewhere else, where I don't have the chance to delete what I just said before it goes live.

I'll be back.

No comments: