Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Nuclear Winter Begins Now

Goodness gracious, it's been some time since I've written. Good news, I'm back. What with the Eagles' sudden fall from grace, and imminent elimination from playoff contention, I'll have time to write.

There are many times in one's life as a fan that one must mourn the end of the season. As a Philadelphia fan, we normally get to do this four times a year. This funeral, however, seems particularly bleak given the suddenness of it (wasn't it just three weeks ago we were laughing at their swashbuckling victory over Dallas), the fact that it's at the hands of Dallas, and that there is no hope for a good season from any other team in Philadelphia.

Further, the immolation of this football team was so shameful, so sharp, that it leaves virtually every aspect of this team's prospects next season in doubt. It's going to be a long winter.

So now I must give thought as to how I'll fill the space. At home that's easy: spend more time focusing on my kids. Read more books. On my commute, I'll need to say good bye to sports talk for a few months. I'll have to figure out some good podcasts to pass that time.

Back to home: more time to write, I guess.

No comments: