- Education funding should be more robust.
- There's nothing inherently evil about public-sector unions.
- We should be welcoming to immigrants.
- I'm very ambivalent on capital punishment*
- I believe it's unconstitutional to prevent same-sex couples from marrying*
- We may just benefit by nationalizing medical care*
Now that I'm a Democrat, though, I may as well confess to my heresies as part of this new party.
- I don't think President Bush made the wrong decision invading Iraq in 2003
- We should be meaningfully reforming Social Security and Medicare, in particular adopting the CPI-U-C to determine COLA adjustments
- Sugary drink taxes are for the birds
- The Supreme Court was right in its Citizens United decision
- The ACA unnecessarily over-reaches on social issues, in particular its policies regarding birth control prescriptions
- I question the propriety of funding Planned Parenthood with taxpayer dollars
At some point I'll get kicked out of this party, too. But in the meanwhile, maybe I can stir up some moderate change. Oh boy, doesn't that sound exciting.
*Relatively recent policy changes