A week in New York was both exhausting and refreshing. It did get my mind off of job and money worries for a week. Ironically, that expensive city (a source for another post) also might have dinged up finances more than I expected. Hmmm.
It also got my mind away from politics for a second time this summer. Wonderful. I see in my week away that almost nothing has changed. Politicians behaving badly. The economy performing laboriously. And the NFL and its players are still unable to figure out how to divide a multi-billion-dollar pie of revenue. Sigh. I really didn't miss much, did I?
Anyway, here was our week in NYC:
- Berenstain Bears Live
- Trip to Central Park
- Move in to our place in Brooklyn
- Empire State Bldg.
- Museum of Natural History
- Bronx Zoo
- First attempt to go to Top of the Rock
- Concert at Fort Greene Park
- NY Transit Museum
- Second attempt to get to Top of the Rock
- Jones Beach
- Third and final attempt to get to Top of the Rock
Statue of Liberty
An exhausted family returns home