Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back to Business

I didn't update this blog much during summer 2014. Immersed in being a dad, I spent more of my attentions on another blog, making it a journal of the summer. Besides, I was so busy seeing the world (okay, this corner of North America) I didn't really have time to read, reflect, and comment on the news.

In the past couple of weeks, I have been tuning into the news more, and the picture of the world it portrays is disheartening. The picture I get of our political leaders is disheartening as well. There's nothing being done by our leaders. Nothing. One side obstructs, the other side is afraid to act. The legislative and policy-making gears have seized up, and anything monumental that's being done is being done by courts. Until the politicians give me anything to talk about, I think I'll just decline to comment.

What will I write about if politics gives me so little that justifies commentary? Perhaps teaching. Perhaps music. Perhaps my goals and ambitions. The summer (and all the time it afforded) constantly gave me something worthwhile to say. Hopefully fall, winter, and spring will too.

No comments: