Saturday, January 7, 2012

Looking Forward to 2012

Now that I've taken the first week of 2012 to just bask in its newness, it looks like the goals for 2012 are coming into focus. We'll see how many I/we accomplish:

  • My wife and I are already investigating where our vacation should be this summer and it looks like we're thinking of California - San Francisco and Yosemite.
  • Jump into the 21st century with use of smart phones.
  • Try to blog more purposefully, both for personal reasons (here) and professional (here).
  • Read one new book each month (problem is Maphead and Elmer Gantry are competing for January)
  • Make improvements to home - kitchen, doors, and, dare I say, windows
  • Learn to roller blade (made third attempt at it today - three falls but significantly more momentum)
  • Welcome two nephews (though I'm more than happy to welcome nieces instead . . . I just have a hunch it will be nephews)
  • Purposefully advance the career in the direction of specializing in teacher training / enhancing Social Studies instruction