- For the first long weekend of the summer my wife (and daughter) will be away.
- For the first two weeks of the summer, all of us will be on the road in California.
- There's a pretty neat history workshop that could consume a week in mid-July.
- A half-week at the shore with family looks like fun.
- Let's mix in a baseball game with a cousin and a visit to Cooperstown.
- Oh, and let's not forget some sort of anniversary surprise for my wife.
These are good ways to have a summer go by quickly. I look forward to the 10 or 11 weeks I'll have with a four-year-old and a six-year-old, kids who are in the midst of an age where time with dad trumps all, and before time with friends becomes so much cooler.
I resolve to spend as much of this at a pool and with other kids in the neighborhood as is humanly possible.