Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17, part II

I'm a high school social studies teacher. To do my job well I must closely follow the news. The experience has made me pretty savvy. I've become a voracious reader of political opinion and analysis. But I need a break.

Therefore, I will limit myself to news reports and boxscores for the next week. No commentary. No analysis. I think the world will still be here one week from today. A break like this in August 2008 did me a world of good.

If you're interested in picking up the slack for me while I check out, may I recommend the following?


This resolution should fit nicely with my vow to not read anything related to the NFL until the two sides in that spat decide to talk nicely to one another.

Wonder how much free time I'll uncover.

No comments: